Driver APPLY NOW
Delivery people are responsible for driving and loading material for local deliveries. Maintain contact (radio or telephone) with the Warehouse Manager and the Delivery Coordinator to receive deliver and/or pickup material, and other general warehouse duties as assigned. Warehouse organization, shipping and receiving is minimal. Must be handy with tools and mechanically inclined.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Picking up and delivering at set locations daily
- Calling and preparing run
- Loading, unloading, and operating a 14' Box Truck
- Maintaining safe operation and clean appearance by complying with company operational policies, procedures, and standards
- Operating and maintaining vehicle in safe and clean condition
- Receiving materials from suppliers and delivering to proper location
- Loading and unloading trucks using a fork truck
- Making deliveries and picking-up locally; packaging may require crate construction using pneumatic nail gun and saw
- Interfacing with shipping and receiving personnel to ensure timely deliveries, including pulling orders, receiving and putting away product
- May assist with inventory control
- Performing other duties as assigned
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities)
- Maintaining good a driving record, forklift experience, and Class C.
- Some distribution supply experience preferred.
- Excellent Communication Skills and Customer Service Oriented.
- Customer Focus, Dependability, Teamwork, Coordination, Organization, Time Management, Reporting Skills, Inventory Control, Documentation Skills, Equipment Maintenance
· Be able to work independently or as part of a team with minimal supervision.
· Ability to prioritize and organize workflow on a daily basis to accomplish required tasks.